Monday, August 10, 2009

Hey Local Folks! 8/10


"Hey Cheapo! Did you remember that today is TRIPLE Coupon day at your local Five Star?"

Did YOU remember to keep your Market Newspaper coupons from last Wednesday? Believe it or not, I have not had a "regular" grocery shop since before I went to BlogHer...two weeks ago. Okay, Okay...yes, we have eaten out WAY more than our fair share of times. Do you realize how much that adds up? Have you ever taken the time to actually tally your receipts from monthly restaurant eating? Try it now for a rude awakening. Though I must admit, the stock up shopping that we have been practicing has helped tremendously! Don't know about stock up shopping? Take a Goog and check it out. Someday, maybe McFrug will set aside some time to post about the basics - but for now, there are zillions of people that can give you the scoop.

So you are too busy to clip coupons, you say? How much would you say your time is actually worth? For example, one hour sitting at the table cutting coupons? My time today was worth $11.55 and I didn't even work a full hour. I would consider that pretty easy money, don't you think?

Here's what I bought on Triple Coupon Day:

4 Sobe Life Waters: $4.00 - 2 BOGOF printables = $2.00 for FOUR
1 Yoplait Whips: $.50 - FREE Yogurt Mailer Coupon = FREE
12 Yoplait Yogurts: $6.00 - (2) Sunday Q's $2.40 = $3.60
Pillsbury 5ct. Grands: $1.00 - $1.05 Sunday Q = GAIN $.05
Betty Crocker Microwave cakes: $1.99 - $1.50 Sunday Q = $.50
2 Meow Mix Cat Foods: On clearance rack for $.30 each = $.60
Somehow, the lady must have thought today was 10% off day instead of triple coupon day because she ALSO gave me 10% off = $1.55 *thumbs up*


Total: 15.69 - $11.55 = $4.14
For REALZ! That's all I paid!

Is it worth YOUR time?

No comments: