Friday, September 25, 2009

Frugal Friday: Flying to Florida?

Confession: I'm so excited I can barely stand myself.

I just had a stark realization that Izea Fest is in...like...five days...

And I'm going!!!!
Actually, I would have NEVER even thought I'd be able to go - with holidays, birthdays and every thing else right around the corner (Not to mention the little Hawaii trip that got thrown in for February.)

And, if you read my blog any at all, you KNOW that I SURELY would never pay full price for ANYthing like this, right? RIGHT! Thanks to Corrin at "Oh Hey, What's Up" for nominating me and to Brett at "There's Something About Harry" for accepting me, I won a free ticket!!!
Can you believe it?
I can't...almost.

Have you even looked at the line up this year? Besides "Howl-O-Scream" at Busch Gardens, an all day pass to Sea World and the craziest parties ever - take a look at the speakers! I'm hoping to finally get a chance to meet Ted Murphy and Chris Brogan, both whom I twittered with last December when I won that $500 Izea/Kmart gift card...um...did I ever tell you about that? Anyway...My head is going to be swimming with information and ideas by the time I leave!
Oh! I can't wait!

Did I tell you how excited I am?

So, how did I afford all of this at the very last minute? Well, the free ticket was a huge help. I certainly would not have been able to go without that! Lodging? Driving? Parking? Find someone that you can stand for a few days, and split everything. That is how I was able to make it to BlogHer 09 as well - this may sound crazy, but we split a HUGE room FOUR ways! We had the most awesome time and the little privacy sacrifice helped us all save a lot of money!

Lastly, since I will be heading to Orlando from northwest Indiana, I certainly will not be driving. After about a day of online searching for airline tickets, I found the best deal through Air Tran (Frontier.) Not only did I find flights that matched up with my share-a-ride friend, I found a FREE $25 voucher online as well! This was definitely my frugal find for the week! I mean really, how often do you find free vouchers online for airfare?

Are you heading to Florida? If so, sign up for your voucher here. All you have to do is enter your email address. Almost instantly, they will send you a code to enter when you check out on your flight. The fine print is listed there, but basically to use this voucher, you need to book your flight before October 31st, 2009 on Airtran.com and travel to or from a Florida destination by December 18th, 2009. This discount is PER PERSON - so if you have a few family members going, the savings can add up quickly!

Hopefully, if YOU are making a last minute trip to Izea Fest, this will help a bit. When you get there, look me up. I'm the one with the cool hat. *wink*

Be sure to check out other Frugal Friday finds at "Life As Mom"

No comments: