Wednesday, January 13, 2010

[Almost] Wordless Wednesday

My MIL, Eileen, Shonn Wiley and Me

Were you following my twitter feed last Saturday night when I got special treatment at The Jersey Boys performance in Chicago? SQUEEE! It was so fun!

How did all of it happen? Well, Shonn used to be a student of Eileen's brother in high school - back in Michigan. Well, according to Shonn, he attributes his love of theatre to Tom because of all of the field trips and activities he took the students to. Sooo...Tom got tickets from Shonn and invited Eileen and I to the show! First, we got to go in the side stage door at the Bank of America Theater, meet some of the cast coming in and talked with Shonn for a while. The ushers brought a scanner to us to check in our tickets; we didn't have to wait in line which was a HUGE plus since it was like...2 degrees outside. After the show, we met up with Shonn again in the lobby where he signed a few items for us. A group from his hometown, along with Tom and the gang, went out after the show. Though, given that I still had a two hour drive ahead of me, Eileen and I decided it was time for us to part the group and go home.

What a blast...especially for FREE!

Thank you so much Shonn, Tom and Eileen for a fantastic experience!

More Wordless Wednesday here and here.

No comments: