Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hey Local Folks! 1/5


Just a little reminder to the local folks...Five Star is having their "Meat Truckload Sale" (you have to say that in a big booming voice) today only! If you have some extra money left in your grocery budget for the week, this is a great time to use it! The last time I went, I ended up averaging $1.17 for everything I bought - that's some good savings. Just be patient when you shop. Lots of people are waiting and they are filling the freezer as fast as they can.

One item that I particularly like to buy is the pork loin. Yes, it's huge. But, take it home and start slicing (an electric knife works best), wrapping and freezing. I can usually get about 25-30 pork chops out of the loin - or, I'll cut half into chops, grind a few pounds and leave the end to use as a roast. It's awesome...especially for $1.17 per lb.

See you there!

*They never give you the prices until the day of the sale. I just heard a few of them on the radio:
  • Pork loin: $1.99 lb.
  • Beef Chuck Roast: $1.99 lb.
  • Pork Spare ribs: $1.59 lb.
  • 5 lb. block American cheese: $7.99
  • Frozen Box Pollock (I can't remember how much): $14.99
  • Platter Bacon: $1.79 lb.
Ok - not the cheapest prices they have ever had and they didn't say how much chicken will be. But, it is cheaper than normal so you will save a little.

No comments: