Monday, March 22, 2010

Kroger Deals and Steals

Have you been shopping Kroger lately? They have had some awesome stock up deals the past few weeks, starting with the Cart Busters and now the March to Savings event (which is for every 8 of certain items you buy, you receive $4.00 off at the register.)

I must say that I love these types of deals because typically, the products involved, are ones we use on a regular basis...AND, they often have coupons (paper AND digital coupons!)

What did I pay for some of these items?
  • Kettle Chips: Mark down $1.24 - $1.00 Sunday Q = $.24 per bag
  • Chex Mix: $1.50 - $.50 Cellfire or Shortcuts - $1.00 Sunday Q = FREE
  • Nut Clusters: $2.29 - $1.00 Cellfire - $1.00 Sunday Q = $.29 per bag
  • Trix Yogurts: $2.00 - $.80 Cellfire - $.80 Sunday Q = $.40 6 pk.
  • Large Dawn Hand Renewal: $1.99 - $1.00 Sunday Q (or booklet) = $.99 each
I could go on and on how I saved that week - but it's been two weeks ago and I think you get the picture. Over all:
Total: $179.69
After sales & coupons: $76.94

Now we are on to last week...still the Cart Buster event.
All of the items above, I bought with coupons. Yeah, it's a lot, but I saved a bundle!
(see Coupon Stink Eye) A few of the deals:
  • Pillsbury Simply cookies: $2.00 - $1.00 Sunday Q = $1.00
  • Eggland's Cage Free Eggs: $3.19 - $3.19 FREE coupon (I won) = FREE
  • Barilla Mini pasta: $1.00 - $.55 Sunday Q = $.45 per box
  • More Kettle Chips, more Dawn, more Nut clusters, more Chex Mix
  • Millstone Whole Bean coffee: $7.79 - $2.00 Sunday Q = $5.79
  • Qt. Coffeemate Vanilla Creamer: $2.88 - $.75 printable = $2.13
  • Edy's Ice cream: $2.49 - $1.00 Sunday Q = $1.49
  • Softsoap: $1.00 - $.70 printable = $.30
  • Steamers: $1.28 - $1.00 on two Sunday Q's = $.78 each
(remember, Kroger doubles coupons so some of the amounts listed are the doubled amounts)

And again..on and on and on...
Total: $207.37
Total after sales & coupons: $96.99

So, in two weeks, I have saved $213.13 by stacking paper coupons on top of digital coupons on top of already sale marked items. It takes a little bit of time, but SO worth it!


These were my "on sale" and "clearance" items. Some items you just need even without a coupon.

Now, this week, starts their March to Savings event. At the website, you can get a printable list of all of the items that are involved. I have already started making my list and can't wait to see how it all pans out. Also, don't forget to play the "Hit the Hoops" daily game - you may just win money or prizes! It appears that you can win twice. I've already picked up Oscar Mayer Hot dogs and Kraft cheese snacks - which are loaded directly to my shopper card. And guess what? Those two items are included in the March to Savings event, so I'm already up two freebies!
Will let you know how I do this week. *wink*

No comments: