Sunday, September 13, 2009

All You...

...No, Not all ABOUT you...I'm talking about the magazine, All You.
Have you heard of it? If you are a frequent visitor of any of the frugal blog sites out there, you have probably read or heard abou
t this POPULAR savings mag.

To be honest with you, I don't like magazines. Now, I'll take them if they are FREE - but the whole concept of junking up the mailbox and wasting paper only to find millions of back issues scattered around your bathroom for months to come...blah blah blah. You get the picture.

I admit. As much as I'm always on the search for coupons, I have never picked up an All You 'zine.

Until now.

I needed dog food...well, the dog needed food. Anyway, I was out with friends and the closest place to pick some up was Walmart. So, I found what I needed and headed for the express lane. In the short amount of time it took for the cashier to scan my three measly items, the impulse buy monster reached out with it's nasty claws and forced this magazine down my throat. Normally, I would've clinched my teeth and turned away. However, the "OVER $83.00 WORTH OF COUPONS" stuck out at me like a blinking neon sign at the end of a dark alley.

Curiosity: 1

Toni: 0

Reealllyy?? $83 dollars worth? Geesh, when people mentioned coupons in this magazine, I always thought MAYbe three or four at the most...but $83.00??

What else is this magazine filled with?
  • Recipes (like Pear and Apple Shortcakes...mmmm)
  • Giveaways
  • Informative articles (like when to throw out an appliance and how to make your butt look good in jeans)
  • Fashion Advice
  • Holiday Decorating
  • Gardening
  • A little bit of everything, but nothing too deep
What sort of coupons were included in this month's issue, you ask? Check out this list on the All You website here. I was going to include them in this post, but WHOA! Way too many.

So...you are wondering how much this magazine costs and is it really worth it? (that's usually my FIRST question)

Let's break it down:
  • Bought at Walmart: $2.49 cover price = $29.88 per year (if I used 3 coupons out of each issue, it would pretty much pay for itself)
  • Subscription: $1.66 per issue = $19.90 per year (you start with 2 trial issues, if you want to keep them coming, you pay $19.90 for all 12 issues - if you want to stop, you have to send in the card and cancel, otherwise they will bill you)
  • Kingdom First Mom: $13.68 per year (you have to go through a bit of a process to get this rate - she can tell you how here - sure can save a few bucks!)
  • Amazon.com: $20.00 per year (order by $10.00 6 issue subscriptions - maybe be a good trial without a whole year's commitment - Also, are you a member of SwagBucks? If you save enough of them, you could earn Amazon cards and get the mags for free!)
  • Magazines.com: $19.97 per year for 12 issues (if you are a MyPoints member, go to them through there)
  • FREE: the next time someone wants to buy you a gift for your birthday or Christmas, tell them you would like a subscription to All You.
***MummyDeals has a fundraiser going on for All You - go here and you can get TWENTY FOUR issues for $20!!! And...help a charity!***

You just can't beat FREE. *wink*

No comments: