Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Little Trip to CVS


Looky! Looky!
It has been a few weeks, but I finally made it back to CVS today! I do love that place. Unfortunately (and untypical of a Sunday), they were out of stock on a few of the items I wanted - screwing up my whole CVS deal-shopping-mojo. As a rule, I like to check out with as many ECB's (Extra Care Bucks) or more as I just spent. That way, I can keep the "game" rollin'. Didn't quite happen on this visit. ECB's just aren't as plentiful as they used to be. In turn, it causes fewer trips or bunches of trips with smaller purchases (in order to keep OOP -Out Of Pocket - cash to a minimum.)


Here's how my scenerio went:
  • Purex: $3.49 - $.35 Sunday Q ($1.00 printable here if you haven't printed it before) = $3.14 w/ $1.00 ECB back
  • 2 Dove Anti/Deo: $7.00 - TWO $2.00 printables = $3.00 for TWO w/$2.00 ECB back
  • Colgate Total Advance: $2.99 - $1.00 printable = $1.99 w/$2.00 ECB back
  • 3 Suave items: $6.00 - $1.00 Sunday Q + $.75/2 Sunday Q (printable here) = $4.25 w/ $2.00 ECB back
  • 2 Kotex Liners: BOGOF Raincheck $1.49 - $1.00 printable = $.49 for TWO
Normal/Sale price total: $22.46
Coupons + Prior ECB's: $19.89 (I had $11.79 in ECB's saved up)
Grand total paid w/tax: $2.20
Received: $7.00 ECB's back

Tuesday is "Milk Day" at my local CVS so I'll be making another trip this week. I also want to get the Listerine (free after ECB & $2.00 Sunday Q) and another Purex. Speaking of Purex, dont' forget to click the Purex Insider badge to your right - there is a printable $1.00 coupon for 3 in 1 Laundry Sheets!

How did you do this week? Any good deals?
Some have taken a $5.00 CVS Challenge. Visit Keeping the Kingdom First to see what others have found!

No comments: