Monday, September 14, 2009

Hey Local Folks! 9/14


I don't think I told you all...but in case you haven't been scolded told from the Five Star cashiers...this store no long takes "coupons printed from your computer."

Yeah. I know. Right?

I was like...what do you mean? I always use them here; I have been using them here for YEARS! They ARE coupons for goodness sakes!

"We can't take them anymore. There was a sign in the accounting room that says we can't take coupons that are printed."

Get with the program Five Star. Educate your staff on what is a fraudulent coupon and what is acceptable. Times are a'changin' and you are missing the boat.
You have now lost the majority of my business. From now on, unless it's a deal in which I can match a "REAL" coupon with a sale price, I will be buying elsewhere. Times are tough people.

On that note...today was 10% off day (up to $3.00)
Here's what I found: (all sale prices)
  • Spic & Span: $1.99 - $.55 Sunday Q = $1.44
  • Cabbage: 4lbs/$1.00 = $.83
  • Bananas: $.44 lb = $.97 (I haven't seen them this cheap in a long time)
  • Aunt Millie's Whole Wheat Bread: $2.00 (finally, back to whole wheat - that white bread about killed us...me anyway)
  • Kruncher's Chips: $3.00 - $1.00 Sunday Q = $2.00 (McFrug Jr. has been begging for "pickle chips")
  • Lacey Deli Swiss: $5.99 lb = 1/2 lb. for $2.64 (was hoping it was Lorraine brand since I had Q's with me, but it wasn't)
  • Krakow Deli Ham: $2.99 lb = $2.84
  • 2 V8 Soup Boxes: $5.00 - $1.00/2 Sunday Q = $4.00 for TWO
  • 2 Ortega Taco Seasonings: $1.58 - $.75/2 Sunday Q = $.83 for TWO
  • 4 boxes Quaker Oatmeal To Go Bars: CLEARANCE PRICED $1.49 per box = $5.96 for FOUR
Grand Total: $26.95
Coupons: $3.30
10% off: $2.35
My Total: $21.30


If you did not get to shop today, gather these coupons and get them tomorrow. The sales prices are good until Wednesday - you just won't get the additional 10% off - BUT, tomorrow IS triple coupon day...and I have just a few to spend. *wink*

Oh, and one more thing...please oh pluh-eeeeessee...



No comments: