Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Little Luxuries...Like Coffee


When I say that I am a frugal blogger...I'm talkin' EVERYthing...not just groceries, but bills, clothes, gifts, household, furniture...EVERY.THING. I have the belief that ALL of us work very hard for our dollar. Why should we be taken advantage of by being made to pay for overpriced neccesities? Are you with me?

Though, sometimes there are just those little items that each of us finds to be a "luxury." For my husband, I would be willing to say it is golf. Not the country-club-members-only type of golf - but just a nice day at the greens. For me, it's coffee. I'm sorry to say that I don't like, what I consider to be, cheap coffee. My preference is whole bean, ground fresh each morning, nice...hot...coffee. And if I have a choice, it's usually Starbucks. What can I say? I just love it.
(And just in case anyone from Starbucks ever reads this blog, please bring back the Thanksgiving Blend ALL year long - it's really the best. Though, the Kimodo blend is a close second.)

Here is how I justify my java expense.
  • If I buy a bag AT a Starbucks location - $10.00-14.00
  • If I buy a bag at the grocery store - $8.50-$9.50
  • If I buy a bag at the grocery store when it's on sale - $6.99
  • If I buy a bag at the grocery store when it's on sale AND I use this $1.00 off printable coupon - $5.99 (hmm..the coupon isn't there anymore...I'll keep looking)
  • If I buy a bag at the grocery store when it's on sale and I use the coupon AND it comes with a FREE tall coffee at any Starbucks location when you bring in the empty bag - The BEST deal of all!!
Have you ever seen these bags (pictured above?) The free coffee isn't printed on the bags you buy at Starbucks locations - only the ones in the grocery stores. We have about four of them now. So, not only have I found a way to afford my preferred coffee each morning, but I'm also able to meet my husband for a free cup of Joe...before he heads off to golf, of course. *wink*

No comments: