Friday, February 12, 2010

Ink Update: Staples Rewards

Remember a few weeks back when we talked about how to save on paper and ink when printing coupons? If you are an avid coupon queen, such as myself, it can get rather expensive, right?

Well, after signing up for the Staples Rewards Program, I started saving my cartridges. By the time I wanted to drive to Staples, I had six ready to turn in.


**By the way, if you don't go through a lot of ink, ask your friends, family members or work offices to give you theirs. You can turn in up to ten per month. At a $3.00 credit per piece, you could potentially earn 30 bucks a month worth of Staples credits!**

Just to get you up to speed, the process was very simple. Take your cartridges directly to a check out register, hand her your Rewards card and you are done! It took a total of about 2 minutes. She said, "You have $18.00 in credits to use like cash. They will come to you at the first of each month."

Well...that was the easiest 18 bucks I've ever made! The goal here is to be able to buy more ink with my credits and keep rolling those cartridges into more credits! With any luck, I won't have to spend another dime (or at least very little) on printer ink ever again!

Do you know of another ink cartridge program in your area? Leave a comment and let us know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GREAT idea, Toni! I have a "stash", being a packrat! I have a STAPLES reward card, and a store about 35 M away - when I'm THERE - need to turn them IN!