This week's Tackle It Tuesday project is going to be a little different, because I need YOUR help! Why not participate in "Cheapo's Challenge?"
Let me explain.
Almost five years ago, we bought this:
(Okay, so it's a snowy, cold picture - I couldn't find the nice sunny one, but you get the "drift")
Next year, the house will be 100 years old. Now, for those of you who
One of my favorite places in this house is the enclosed front porch. Mornings are spent here reading books; listening to bees flit throughout the hedge blooms. Afternoons are spent
Though, one thing always bothers me - I dont' know how to decorate it. I once read in a magazine that your "outside" areas should be made to feel like you are "inside." That made me think and agree that not every porch needs a rocking chair or green plastic lawn seats. Why not make it feel comfy and homey? This is where I challenge you to share your ideas.
Let's start with a peek:
(If you walk out of the front door and look to your left, you see this)
That chair in the front usually isn't there - I was trying to move some things around.
(If you look to your right, you see this)
Nice, pretty comfy, but very plain.
What can YOU suggest? Now remember whose blog you are reading. It can't be anything that would cost an arm and a leg - because I don't have any of those to spare. I'm not opposed to anything semi-homemade either.
Here are a few random notes to go on:
- For now, the carpet has to stay, even though it's sun faded.
- We have already decided to replace the ceiling fans with bigger, indoor/outdoor ones (it HAS to have fans out there.)
- The window shades are nice and still in good condition, but i would love to have some sort of fabric at the top to finish and give good color - just not looking for balloon valences, ya know?
- I'm not a real "themey" kind of person - doing it all in Florida Beach Puke just wouldn't be right.
- I LOVE fun, vintage type fabric.
Are you a decorator or have a decorator's eye? Can you share a link or picture? Please help me with this Tackle! :)
More Tackle It Tuesdays on 5 Minutes for Mom.