Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Angel Food Ministries: April

"Hey Cheapo! Are you still ordering from Angel Food Ministries?"


Of course I am! I am still choosing to order the fresh fruit and vegetable box (there are many others.) See everything I got for $24.00*? Potatoes, sweet potatoes, pineapple, avocado, mango, cantaloupe, grapes, celery, cabbage, carrots, onions and garlic ! We tend to eat the fruit rather quickly, but the rest of the produce tends to stick around for a few weeks. Here's a tip: Celery and carrots hiding in the refrigerator drawer, never to be seen again? Take a few minutes to wash, clean and cut them up. It's amazing how "convenient" they become to grab and snack on! I recently did this and packaged them each in reusable containers. The carrots are now gone and we have made a huge dent in the celery.
It really does work - try it!

*The box is $22.00 but I chose to order online instead of in person so there is a $2.00 ordering fee

Are you lost in all of this? Is Angel Food Ministries foreign to you? If so, you can read more about it HERE and check out some of my past orders HERE.

Ordering time lines for April vary across the country. Although, the deadline in my area for online orders is tomorrow! Be sure to check out this month's menu as there are a few new items, like "After School" boxes. Delivery will be on Saturday, April 24th.

Do you participate in this program? Let us know!

1 comment:

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

They recently started offering this in my area, I was wondering about the quality of the produce, but it looks great! We're moving in a few months, I'm going to see if they offer it in our new location also. Thanks for reminding me.